Thursday, June 5, 2014

Heavy Rain

          A chaotic rain was falling when I left for class, and construction workers were tearing up Coventry Street. Meredith and I went to PBP together again, and the place was quiet as a library. We sat at a table, packaged up "We the People" legal primers, and enjoyed a fine conversation. When I got home, Sean passed me a letter from Katie; I'd been counting on something like that.
          Quotes of the day:
"Extremism is created in desperate countries, in desperate societies, desperate – I'll be specific here – young men.” - Prof. Miles, re: U.S. aid to the West Bank
"We're using, for the first time, what is called soft power. We're all familiar with hard power." - Prof. Miles
"John Paul II was an equal opportunity ideology basher." - Prof. Miles
"Mussolini was basically a Soprano Catholic." - Prof. Miles
"There's Putin, there's the Pope, and there's Pussy Riot." - Prof. Miles
"That is not communism. That is capitalism, channeled." - Prof. Miles re: "Hrm. Switching to Geico could save you..."
"Ooh, the glass is in the other foot now." - Alaric

No comments:

Post a Comment