My last day in New York was a troubling one. My parents were relentless in criticizing every aspect of the way I live and operate. My mother was particularly vicious, telling me that my grandfather is in the hospital and implying that it's somehow my fault because I sleep a lot. I couldn't go for half an hour without someone nagging or tongue lashing, and I'm pretty worn out from it.
I escaped as best I could, concentrating on constructing a boss-tier playlist for my return to online TF2. Later, I melted next to a good sized bonfire and forgot about the world for a while, just watching the billowing smoke and licks of flame. I was comfortable, encompassed by a swathe of warmth and listening to the wood pop and crack. This reminds me of everything I miss when I'm at Northeastern, but I'm more at home in Boston than I am here, now.
No comments:
Post a Comment