After about six missed connections, Brian and I finally hung out. We drove around for a while, wandering around the mall in Kingston and stopping in at Taco Bell, where we ran into Nick. We played some Mafia 2 at Brian's for a while, and then walked into the village to get elevated. He filled me in on all his experiences at SUNY Plattsburgh and his summer work at Camp Tri-Mount (I put in three summers there).
Brian - A best friend of a different kind. Brian and I don't spent as much time together as we used to, but we go back a very long way. Our friendship is remarkably resilient, though it might actually help that we're not in each other's hair all of the time. To listen to him you'd think he hates every song on the radio, but he knows all the words to every one. Proceedings get serious when volleyball is concerned.
Nick - Originally "that one girl's older brother," graduating two years ahead of me, Nick and I grew to be fast friends. I played trumpet in his punk band The Good Fight (later Bears With Guns) and he introduced me to some awesome music. He is responsible for the words "thugnificent" and "nyaga". He still skateboards and runs a surprisingly lucrative start-up of a record label out of his room. And he's a vegetarian who works at Taco Bell.
No comments:
Post a Comment