Monday, January 9, 2012

Finger Chopper 2.0

          First day of classes in the spring semester! Everything went all right, excluding missing my first class due to alarm malfunction. My second political science instructor of the day is very well-spoken, loves debate and is rather funny, so I look forward to his class. My education teacher is something of an authoritarian hippie -- you know, "diversity or else" -- and is reputed to really pile on the work in amounts disproportionate to such an unspecialized pre-req, but she seems pleasant at least. There's nothing great about my schedule, but nothing bad either. Three classes M/W/R 9:15-11:35 and 1:35-2:40 and only one T/F from 9:50-11:30, and that's my class on the technical aspects of musicals with my good friend Sabrina.
          It seems that my thermostat has been toyed with. It was at the coldest position prior to break, and during my lunch break today I detected an uncomfortable warmth. The thermostat had been set to about 3/4 of the way up to max heat, which can only mean there are leprechauns about. Troubled times lay ahead if this mischief is to continue. Also, I slept for about five hours in Iris' room, and she gave me a horrifying drawing of a finger chopping teddy bear. Truly, it is the stuff of nightmares.
          I complete this entry at 4 a.m. Alaric is asleep on my bed, the lights are on and I'm decorating. I may not sleep and just take some rest after my one class. For the past two or three hours, Sean and I went hard on the TF2 -- SODA POPPAN, SCOUTBROAN, DEMOKNIGHTAN, etc. Before that, Jaimie failed to watch a movie and Alaric, Sean, Meredith, Lauren and I took Esquire's "How Much of a Man Are You" quiz. Meredith received 49 points, giving her the designation of "three quarters of a man" and one point away from full man status. The rest of us, outside of Sean, were informed that "there are men and there are men, and we belong to both categories." Sean, meanwhile, has a copy of 50 Cent's The 50th Law on order.
          Today was a brilliant one for quotes.
"Someday I'm going to throw a gauntlet, because I've done it metaphorically so many times." - Sean
"'Alone': Now a verb!" - Sean
"Layin' the labels on the tables" - Alaric
"Northeastern's gone from in the 750s to, like, 62nd in U.S. News and World Report. This school's kicking ass." - Professor Urman
"College is expensive. Drugs and alcohol are still invented, the economy is terrible, street prices aren't going down and I don't want to get between you and your relaxation." - Professor Urman

No comments:

Post a Comment