My first class was sixty-five minutes of a librarian talking about the Northeastern libraries' internet resources. During this mind-numbing ordeal, we also discovered that the librarian is a cat lady. Her staff photo in the website's sidebar is of her and her cat. Apparently, the "suggestion boxes" are never used for critiques of the site, as planned, but are instead spammed by political science students telling her how much they like her cat. At least my second class was canceled, so I had more time to neurotically clean before Matt's arrival. In my education class, I was informed that I look like John Oliver from the Daily Show. A business major senior in the class also gave me a line on a good co-op, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. You help to save lives, working with people from a variety of specialties like public policy and healthcare, and there's always free food laying around.
Alaric, Iris and I went to get Matt from South Station this evening. His trip was long and plagued with an annoying toddler and an obnoxious football fan, so we put our feet up and relaxed. Matt was overwhelmed by the variety of the dining hall, and threw a chunk of wasabi into his mouth before Ben and I could stop him, resulting in a spasm reminiscent of a dry heave. We closed the night with Gangs of New York, a vibrant and impressively done Civil War-era piece.
Lastly, I owe Alaric my gratitude for a new phrase in my life: "blue balling." Naturally, I'm aware of its original context, but this usage takes it one step further. When a musician fails to enter for a solo or just hits a note or two and quits it, they are said to have blue balled the solo. The three minutes of hysterical laughter were a nice touch to my day.
Quotes of the day:
"Brain damage! I'm gonna be dumb forever!" - Iris
"It's so finicky, I move it around in my lap and it pops out." - Laura
"Nice move, but I'm one step ahead of you..." - Sean (?)
No comments:
Post a Comment