At the men's basketball game against the University of Delaware Blue Hens (to think I was almost a Blue Hen...) tensions were high. For starters, there were only two trumpets: the dynamic duo of myself and Alanna. Before the game, the band chilled in the office and jammed to Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" and determined to learn the dance for future use. The game was blistering, the teams within 4 points of each other the entire team. With two seconds left on the clock, the Huskies were losing 60-61; a clutch two point shot by one of our boys won the day. The effect on the crowd in Matthews was stunning. We ate free pizza, brass bro'd it up, and called it a night.
I have a suggestion for the basketball associations: every time a dunk is performed, the basket should be raised two inches. One Delaware player dunked an obscene number of times. [Editor's note: I guess I never finished this post. Oh well. 10/15/2013]
Quotes of the day:
"Get off my lawn! Why are you on my lawn?" - Professor Urman, on John McCain
"Excuse me, will you wake him up and tell him to get out? Out." - Professor Urman, 5 minutes later
"I'm such a bad Asian." - Iris
"How'd that plan turn out for ya, dummy?" - me, after a failed dunk by the Blue Hens
No comments:
Post a Comment