Saturday, October 24, 2015

Collateral

          I woke up early to find Jennifer hung over -- how? Neither of us consumed a full bottle of beer! She left and I stayed up, cleaning a bit and getting productive. Jules startled me with her presence in the living room, having gone undetected for an hour or two. We smoked and didn't do much after that, in the tradition of our people. In the afternoon, I went down and just never got back up, and enjoyed a most satisfying three or four hour nap. I dragged myself out of bed to watch the Rangers v. Flyers game, which ended in a 3-2 shootout loss to Philly. In other news, the shootout is still a horrible way to pick a winner. Maddie, Jules and I chilled out and I concocted a layered drink, but nobody seemed committed to turning up. Meanwhile, the guys upstairs were making a ludicrous amount of noise. Long after my friends had taken off, I was listening to the sounds of stomping, screaming, and the windows and lightbulbs rattling.
          Quotes of the day:
"It's a recorder!" - Maddie, re: the gas mask
"Right, so the police treat people harshly and then people complain, and the complaints are making criminals worse? What came first? Police conducts makes people act increasingly defiant. Why? Because they have nothing to lose. even if you do everything right, the cops might kill you by mistake, by negligence, because they are "scared"... Then the media will declare you a miscreant unworthy of living because of whatever trivial accusation the PD decides to smear you, your education, your family, and your friends with. More toddlers are shot every year than cops. Yet we are supposed to believe that every traffic stop for broken taillights and flashing brights should end in death because of how scared the cops are..." - Shana G., via facebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment