Thursday, October 15, 2015

Miracle

          I woke up feeling like choking out the whole world. Riding the T toward Cambridge, I sat in a stupor, not listening to music or anything. I couldn't find much to do in the morning, which eased me out of that rut, and then a few things popped up in the afternoon so I could get productive. I also assumed responsibility for decorating the DOCoween cart with spooky cobwebs, plastic bugs and streamers. The conversation was relaxing to listen to, and I sipped red wine out of a transparent skull goblet. (I've been drinking water out of it all week to get in the spirit.)
          At home, I hung out and flew to Fiji with Julia and Alaric. Later, our broomball team went on to win 2-0! Iris and Alaric each scored a headscratcher five-hole goal. It seems like our shift toward three forwards and one midfielder/defender is helping with our severe offensive woes. After picking up sandwiches at Wolly World, Alaric and I traveled to "his office" in the Fens, a little nook beside the path to my usual spot. The glow of victory is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment