Saturday, October 10, 2015

Insta-Gram

          Iris and Kofi hosted a Saturday brunch with Lindsay, Mike, Alaric, Clay, Sara, Nathan, Jennifer, and me. We just tore through the food, then watched Ghostbusters, a first for some. ("Choose the form of the destroyer.") Sipping on the best apple cider I've ever tasted, we kept on with "Take a closer look at that snout!" and a series of MLG videos. We also ordered a party boat from Symphony Sushi, because no one felt like moving for lunch. When I did get home, it was to change into band gear and take several shots. It was time for the men's hockey season opener.
          We defeated Colgate 2-1 in a tight contest, and I had fun with Luke, Maddie, Justin and Jules in the stands. I still don't know how it's legal for two Colgate players to lay a two-way sandwich hit on one Husky -- our player dropped like a sack of potatoes after that -- but fuck 'em, we got the W. The Prudential glowed with the words "ART HUB" as we began the victory march home. I felt even better since the Rangers slapped the Blue Jackets twice in the last two days, a home-and-home series with a 4-2 away and 5-2 home wins; we got two goals out of a recovered Zucc in the first game. In the second game, we got two more from rookie Lindberg and one from Dom Moore, a/k/a the fucking man, in the first five minutes.
          Maddie, Alaric, Kofi and I cooked down a pile of THC-light clippings into a jarful of oil, of which we consumed half a teaspoon each. We cooked two batches of brownies and stored the leftover oil (oll?), Maddie interviewed me for KKP, and we listened to melancholy tunes. The three gentlemen discussed future season tickets for a mutual favorite team, team decision pending money. I stayed up late, decorated, and did my own thing for some time after.

1 comment:

  1. https://aacurtisphotography.blogspot.com/2013/02/insta-grams.html?showComment=1481386689894#c5284260237939549714

    ReplyDelete