I woke up feeling rested -- isn't it Friday, though? At work, I spent some time unpacking all the Halloween decorations from the storage closet, eventually filling the depressing windowless conference room that everyone pretends doesn't exist. I immediately picked out a few things for my own space, including a skull which I topped with an Indians concessions hat. Over in billing, they have a skeleton with the warning, "He didn't get his billing done on time..." Jennifer was waiting for me in the lobby, and we walked to the paint store to obtain a can of spray paint before heading home in the rain. Since he offered to drive, we went shopping with Nathan and purchased much food.
After a dinner of chicken pot pie, Kofi, Nathan, a sleepy Jennifer and I watched The Taking of Deborah Logan, an exorcism film in the "creepy old person" vein. While serviceably scary for much of its runtime, Deborah Logan fell into the trap of overexplaining its backstory, wasting some of the creepiness on implausible, exposition-heavy scenes; the ending is so telegraphed, I wish they shaved off the last five minutes. Anyhow, at some point the front door opened and closed; I assumed it to be Dylan, not knowing that he wasn't around, while Kofi and Nathan shit their pants. We all seized the baseball bats and prowled through the apartment, turning on every light and checking each corner. At another juncture, Kofi went to the restroom and Nathan and I took the opportunity to turn off every light and hide in the kitchen. (Naturally we scared ourselves just as much; I was the closest to the gaping black hole of the boiler room.) We also watched Saw, always excellent, though also indelibly early-2000s.
Hockey: Last night, in his debut with the Stars, Antti Niemi posted a 37-save shutout with two assists! That's the first time that's ever happened. That also means he had more points in said game than Pittsburgh forwards Crosby, Malkin and Kessel combined. Hehehe.
Quote of the day:
"Exuma, Virginia. You'll be itchin' to go back!" - Nathan
"Well, you know, I feel strongly, which is why I had this town hall today. And as the questions and comments from people illustrated, there's a lot of concern that we need to rethink and redo what we did in response to a different set of problems." - John C., imitating (quoting?) Hillary Clinton, via facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment