Sunday, October 25, 2015

Heisenberg

          I slept past call time for pep band, waking up around when I should have been arriving at Cabot. I was soon headed for the office, and when I got there, I found the closet left propped open. Somebody screwed up there. I snatched a polo and was off again; when I reached Cabot, the volleyball team was handily winning their first set versus UNCW. We were beaten badly in the second set, won the third evenly, and then dropped a serious lead and collapsed in the fourth. This team is so inconsistent, and the fifth set went as expected: a 13-15 loss after almost coming back. I miss Ava's treelike net-front presence, and our new libero is solid but not as phenomenal as the one we had for the last few years. I jacked some game day banners from the lobby and hit up Wings Over Boston to eat my pain. We then held an awkward council meeting with JL, where we locked horns over the upcoming (and abruptly planned) Band Day, as well as a new "requirement" that every student register for the class. Why should I be forced to risk my GPA to be in a student group? I know I'm not alone in my dissatisfaction with JL's reticence on this and other matters.
          At home, I smoked, watched more Breaking Bad clips, and mapped out some broomball passing and shooting strategies with Alaric. We went in, seriously. I also took a call from our landlord and took the opportunity to bitch about our neighbors' disregard for, well, pretty much everything. Not to mention, edibles. With those active, it was an entertaining night for hockey. I got into a twitter spat over Dustin Byfuglien's dirty and unnecessary boarding of Jason Pominville with two minutes left in the Jets v. Wild game; the Rangers turned Jonas Hiller into Swiss cheese in a 4-1 beatdown on the Flames; and the Kings "defeated" the Oilers in regulation after Quick "saved" this shot by McDavid:


Total bullshit -- glove is over the puck, glove is over the line, puck must be over the line. But since they didn't have a camera angle specifically proving it, the call on the ice stood. Not the first time that's happened, either... Anyway, the Oil got robbed of another 2 points.
          Quotes of the day:
"I hope he broke his ahm. That'd be awesome." - Wings employee/dick, re: the Patriots/Jets game
"The greenhouse effect has rapidly increased the containment of presidential candidates in the atmosphere." - Nathan
"They should call it Baseball Powder." - Alaric, re: Apple Pie Spice
"Congratulations, you've been raped. Your reward: forced pregnancy and birth courtesy of the US Govt, followed by being responsible for a being for the rest of your life that is genetically half the man who you have nightmares and PTSD about and you would give anything to forget. If this could happen to men it wouldn't even be close to being a controversial issue. This guy is a dirtbag." - Kyle B., re: Ben Carson, via facebook
...
Me: "Do you have to catch him?"
Jules: "Yeah, he's being a real dick licker too."

No comments:

Post a Comment