On the pendulum swing back to a normalized sleep schedule, I woke up at 3 a.m. Following an early-morning rush to get on the ball, work quieted down. The candy bowl has dwindled back down to a sorry collection of Whoppers that no one wants, with a lone Jolly Rancher to keep them company. (Speaking of candy -- the real DOCoween celebration is tomorrow!) The universe handed me one of those experiences on the commute: walking to Community College, I looked over at the station with another two minutes' walk to go, saw a train pulling in that I couldn't quite catch, and sank my whole foot into a hidden puddle. I couldn't even be upset, it felt like a Mr. Bean moment.
I went to campus and deposited my dues in the office for Justin to find, like a fish laying eggs on a branch underwater, except the eggs are money for the betterment of NU's music programs. I also picked up a baller Oculto promo poster off the ground. The Green Line carried me to Mission Park, where I met with Iris; she came home with me and helped to chop off most of my hair with scissors and Kofi's trimmer (thanks bro.) After that, I wheedled her into watching two episodes of Breaking Bad so I could get amped for tomorrow.
It was raining, and a beautiful warm wind was blowing. Alaric came home and helped me shave the remainder of my hair in the bathtub, which felt ceremonial. We watched the Predators beat the Sharks 2-1 and migrated back to the bathroom to smoke and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment