Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Methylamine Is Degrading

          Jesus I slept for fourteen hours, what year is it? I woke up to find Kevin B had arrived; he brought us a Chromecast for a gift! I also found that Zucc scored a hat trick vs. Toronto last night (a 3-1 victory). The hobbit's recovery has been amazingly quick. Jennifer spent the morning recording ASL work for class, and I organized and cleaned. I traded her my CharlieCard for her Hubway pass and rode over to Mass Ave. This made me strongly desire my own pass, but they take down all the stations in the winter, so it's not really worth starting right now. Having overshot the rack by Symphony, I got to the other end of the stretch (by the bridge) and, finding that one full, had to retrace my path. I met an equally late Sabrina at Pho Basil for a delicious and filling lunch. (She screamed the first time my hat came off.)
          Back home, we got down to the party prep. I had originally planned to go to Jared's as Walter White, shave my head and dress as Mr. Clean for our party, but I was back to Plan A. The party went extremely well, with many guests and a variety of great costumes (to be judged by the roommates and Jules, who helped host and pulled in some new meat.) The best costume would be awarded 350ml of black razz vodka, the worst got a can of Budweiser/Clamato, and the others would receive large candy bars. We didn't pick the winners until morning, but for simplicity they're listed here:
  • Best costume: Katharine F (Shark attack victim)
    HM: Maddie (Tree)
  • Prettiest costume: Michelle (Bird)
    HM: Jason (Daisy)
  • Most original costume: Trevor (Pixar I)
    HM: Jennifer (Sexy ramen)
  • SPOOPIEST costume: Mary (Bloody Mary)
    HM: Marcie (Scary makeup person)
  • Worst costume: Griffin (Morty)    (it was just a shirt, and the wrong color too.)
    HM: Naomi Zingman-Daniels (Gym rat)
  • Best team costume: Matthew F & Rachel (Bob Ross + painting)
    HM: John B, Nate, Amy Sev., Kristen & Jason (Mario Party)
I took ten shots with my Instax, a whole new package, but Halloween is particularly well suited for this. (I also spent a drunken half hour searching for my camera, eventually finding it under a sleeping Jennifer.) In my view, aside from our stress over an unanticipated mixer run when we ran out at an inopportune time, the whole thing went perfectly. I love Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment