Thursday, October 29, 2015

We Need To Cook

          The Walter White costume was a massive hit at work. Moving around in the hazmat suit quite uncomfortable - obviously it doesn't breathe, and when I walk around, it sounds like I'm beating up a tarp. With some folks in costume, we were treated to lunch for a presentation by a talent sourcing agency that specializes in celebrity placements. The day flew by with some easy work and final preparation for DOCoween, and I got my desk looking fly. The creative section, winning the decoration contest once again, involved several flatscreens and an air compressor (for a "jumping spider") in their work.
          The Harvard conference room was transformed with blackout curtains, a whole mess of cobwebs and plastic bugs, and various other spooktacular paraphernalia. I handily won the best costume contest over Bryan's carefully constructed Minion costume. That one took a lot more work than my own, though several people did commend my dedication to the character. (In my view, there's no point in Halloween half measures.) I was rewarded with a $100 gift card and get to keep an Oscar-style skeleton trophy in receivership. Kati came as a classic bedsheet ghost, David W dressed as Bill Belichick (complete with ragged hoodie and scowl), and Jacob brought it with a lovingly executed "old man" getup. I enjoyed a wonderful oatmeal stout called Couch Surfer. Low point: Emily C telling me she's a Penguins (1) and Blackhawks (2) fan.
          Cyber Dave had me over for a heavy dose of chicken 'n rice and conversation. Honestly, this was our first normal interaction in some time. I staggered up the hill with dead weight in my stomach, slowly walking back home. When I arrived, I smoked with Alaric, kept ribbing Nathan about his "girlfriend," and pinned some posters, rally towels and flags to the ceiling. We three dimensions now.
          Quote of the day:
"It's a Halloween mystery!" - Sara G, re: mystery copies of a media list


No comments:

Post a Comment