I overslept this morning and left the apartment at 8:20. My train was delayed for a stretch at Back Bay, and after my transfer to the Red Line I managed to overshoot Kendall somehow, and felt like I was gonna throw up. At work, I went through the wringer to obtain a single media kit (trade publications all have these, with ad specs, editorial calendars, etc.) and wondered what I'd done to deserve to struggle over something so mundane. I also talked politics with Daria and Lauren P, and got to see Tom L in what I'd call "enforcer mode," just going in on some sucker over the phone. Through the kitchen window, a grey sky stirred with clouds like chessmen, flat on the bottom and sculpted upward.
Home after work, I took the time to enjoy the rest of my calzone and get my mind in order for the evening. Rehearsal was surprisingly fun; we worked on "Give Me Everything Tonight," "Game of Thrones," "Dancing Queen" (rehearsed this to death), "Zoot Suit Riot" (a favorite), "Safe & Sound," and "Pirates of the Caribbean." It felt good to be back. Later, I smoked with Alaric and, simultaneous to Jared, we shipped the invitations for our half of Halloweekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment