Unlike yesterday, I was in a rosy mood this morning, but then kicked over Truman when I jumped out of bed and became less so. At work, I learned what chambray is -- something new every day. Once home, I was quick to start drinking, and was soon off to meet Kofi and Alaric at the Speare star. My fifth and last Underwear Run as an undergraduate. We hustled through Ell to get there on time, and assumed spots at the front of the pack for the start of the run. At various points, we ran into Trevor, Ariel, Lucas, Elizabeth, and Emily, waded through the reflecting pool, and did our usual high-five line for finishers on St. Stephens. I made my way home in bare feet, and Jason, Jules and Maddie came over to drink and smoke with us. (I might need to refine the way I respond when people assume I'm going to smoke them up.) An order of Food Wall dumplings laid me down to rest in the recliner, completely cocooned in a blanket.
Quote of the day:
"They're naked! I love it!" - a parent in Ell Hall
"I renounce all trappings of this world." - me
No comments:
Post a Comment