Somehow, I ended up doing the dishes with Ryan today. He insisted on doing the actual scrubbing and thus water ended up everywhere. I also had to re-wash a bunch of the dishes because they were still grimy. My day improved somewhat after I accompanied Matt to a village board meeting at the firehouse in town (which somehow took us ten minutes to find.) I spent most of the meeting reading Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho and trying to ignore commentary on the new law recently implemented by town officials. It's now illegal to buy or sell "drug paraphernalia" in Saugerties, as if we had a crime problem associated with drugs. I see this as one more example of needless waste of money legislating toward issues that really aren't at the heart of matters. Saugerties officials should be concentrating on increasing tourism, shoring up the local economy and dealing with businessmen trying to circumvent our tax codes, not worrying about the minor flow of illegal drugs. After the meeting we went into the new Big Lots in the Grand Union plaza (though Big Lots occupies the space that was once Grand Union itself.) There, we ran into a high school cafeteria lady who mistook me for Ian. It always amazes me how kind people can be, especially when they're not in the best life circumstances.
Quote of the day:
"I'm starting to feel this emptiness from this book series that I'm reading." - Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment