"I feel like sometimes that I was not meant for this society." - Mike Tyson
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Democracy!
soon
Play the song below for maximum effect on today's post! Today marks the first time I've ever voted. I walked half a mile in the rain over to Grant D. Morse Elementary School, where I voted up on the school budget and cast votes between the four candidates for three school board seats. This is the same rain that started yesterday morning, and it's been remarkably steady. Matt, who also popped his voting cherry, met me at the school and we headed back to my place to hang out for a few hours. We played several rounds of the hat game and took naps on my floor to electronic music. As usual, Matt saved the cards from the game for future amusement. After he went home, I watched Splice, a body-horror flick with dramatic sci-fi underpinnings. While an enjoyable film, it's a bit of a genre rollercoaster, going from creepy sci-fi to heartwarmingly humane, and then on to full-on horror before morphing back into creepy sci-fi. It's like the team behind the movie didn't know what they wanted to make. That aside, I recommend Splice if you're really into the genre. Also, the fact that Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley's gene-splicing company is called N.E.R.D. is a humorous crack in the fourth wall. Lastly, Sarah Polley is the newest addition to #ladieslist, bringing our count to 46. Soon...very soon.
Quotes of the day:
"I think that'll be my name for lube from now on. Power steering fluid." - me
"It's just...good...business!" - Matt
"If I die, you can have my things." - Matt
"There are rats under Yankee Stadium the size of...big rats." - me
No comments:
Post a Comment