I looked out my open window around five today and was stricken by how gorgeous it was outside. There was a lovely chill in the air following the nighttime rain. An ethereal mist hung over the pond and the vibrantly green foliage and grass. Above, the sky was enveloped in wispy, mottled clouds. From the trees around my window, the quiet sounds of waking birds floated through the air.
Eventually, Matt, Logan and I went to Kingston to see Avengers. It was pleasing, if not the best movie ever, but I really enjoyed it. After the movie, we rambled around the Target. We were busying ourselves with Avengers merchandise (Mjolnir, Cap's shield) when some almost certainly high girls appeared. One put on a Star Wars clone mask. "You should buy this! You should buy this!" They then scurried off, laughing hysterically. Logan ended up buying the hammer, and we headed back to his place.
Matt had work in the morning and had to hit the road, but I stayed at Logan's for the night. First, we attempted to watch The Good, the Bad, the Weird (again!) but Logan was too sleepy and I was busy reading "Thanos Quest" and "The Infinity Gauntlet". We then played some co-op campaign in Halo 3 and tooled around in the "Deadliest Warrior" arcade-style fighting game. I proved several times that in this particular game, heavy armor and spam-alicious combo attacks always best speed and maneuverability. After talking in the dark for some time, we hit the sack.
Quotes of the day:
"Oh, they're a couple? Awwwww. Isn't that... disgusting." - Steve
...
Matt: "Why are we running?"
Logan: "Because we're the Avengers!"
No comments:
Post a Comment