Thursday, September 19, 2013

Angst For Two

          After sleeping over at Iris's, I found a poster for a show I missed at afterHOURS --Youth Lagoon and Pure X. I'm a little bummed about it, but I was at rehearsal anyway, so whatever. afterHOURS is pretty bad at publicizing their events, though. Work was nondescript; I figured out a workaround for some of my scanning problems and got to hear an older client call a computer "the email machine." After my shift, I took an awkward trip to Bank of America and asked for help in extricating my check from behind the baseboard. An unexpectedly kind manager and another employee did their best to help me, but our efforts were ultimately unsuccessful. They promised to try and have maintenance get it out before hope was abandoned, and were very professional and polite throughout. Maybe all those hidden fees go into manners training for employees.
          Walking home, I reflected on how ironic it would be to firebomb a firehouse. Now, I pose a question: Do you think the NSA is tagging me for that statement? Do you think they're tagging you for reading it? It's fun to think about. I also bumped into a guy wearing a shirt that read "Have a Knife Day", which seemed scary at first; after some consideration, he probably just wanted to look sharp that day. At home, I was sitting in my room and contemplating some Latin pop music playing upstairs. That is, I thought it was upstairs, until I went into the kitchen and realized it was blasting from a car out front. My room is all the way in the back of a long apartment, and the volume level was just terrifying. Tremont Street is a funny place sometimes.
          I was treated to the dining hall for the second time in two days by Katie and Sean. We settled in the vegetarian room at Stetson East, which is always something of a wild card -- some days it's empty, some days it's packed. Today it was booming, and an entire table of shrieking girls did not add anything positive to the atmosphere. Their lack of any concern for the people around them was only topped by a guy and gal at the table next to us, who were both wearing that "I don't give a damn about anyone, 2deep4u, SO ANGSTY" expression and posture, and were communicating by singing. I can think of eventualities where that might be cute, but this was not one of them. These folks were just straight-up rude. Later on, I played a game of clix with Sean and Katie, which the latter won after I concentrated my efforts on taking Sean out. Good thing, too, because I never would have been forgiven if she lost. In other news, Sean is a confirmed ass man, which means that our apartment is truly "the ass-spot", in Alaric's immortal words.
          Quotes of the day:
"I was thinking about a Swiss cheese Jesus." - Iris
"Oh my god, I hate boys! You guys are so annoying and gross and immature... Maybe you're starting to catch up a little bit. But just barely." - Iris
"I'm the nerdiest nigga you know!" - random guy on the street
"Is it a serious crime, trafficking heroin?" - Mark
"Everything is nondescript to me, except for things I really hate." - Iris
"Essay on literary motifs in the creepy messages of Michael [redacted]." - Sean
"Walking is too mainstream for me. I crawl to work." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment