I got up for Convocation feeling like utter crap and running quite late. If we needed more proof that President Aoun is a wicked man, consider the level of evilness involved in making band folks get up at 7 a.m. on Labor Day. Picking up my spare trumpet, I ran to the band closet at top speed to obtain a polo, arriving just in time. At Matthews, we spent some time warming up for the performance while the place was mostly empty, and by the end of these warmups my chops were already blown out. We were afforded a few minutes' break, which I used to grab a sandwich at Wollaston's with Anthony. We then waited impatiently through Convocation. Highlights: muttering about Aoun under our breaths (that might just have been me); muttering about the student speaker under our breaths (definitely not just me); affording a laugh for the dean of the College of Science, who somehow manages to tell a joke every year while everyone else is soullessly bland; screaming internally because it's the same drawn-out waste of time I've attended twice too many times already. The pep band then ushered the kiddies out with a series of songs played one after the other, which is a nightmare if you haven't picked up a trumpet in four months. Of course, JL chose to save "Holiday" for last, which we protested as cruel and unusual punishment; he dismissed our concerns, we played the song, and it was a total mess. I called out a request for "The Impression That I Get," to which JL snarkily replied, "You couldn't play the last one and you want to play another song?" I posit that the two songs are incomparable in difficulty, though they inhabit the same general plane of awesomeness. Afterward, I took a very long nap and spent some time with Alaric and Iris, with the latter being extremely silly and clowning around with a jar of peanut butter. Later on, Alaric and I headed to Snell to play some Team Fortress 2, heavy/medic bro'ing it and doing the whole "play as a famous pair" thing. (Dolce and Gabbana being one of the better combinations we came up with.)
Quote of the day:
Me: "I will kill you."
Alaric: "I may kill you."
No comments:
Post a Comment