Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Womb Raider

          Owing to my reversed sleep schedule, I was up in time to "entertain" a groggy Sean with my various morning thoughts. If someone can bring a +1 to a party, why not a -1? Say there's going to be a person in attendance who they despise so much that our protagonist would rather have that person gone than bring their own friend. All they need to do is clear their -1 with the host, who will provide a single-shot, small-bore derringer upon their arrival. The protagonist may then creep up on their -1 and deliver a nonlethal gunshot wound to said person, who would then be rushed to the hospital (presumably) and therefore removed from the area. I think this would be very easy to implement on a wide scale, and everyone benefits -- healthcare services get more business, parties are free of unlikeable people, and gun sales would go way up. Also, I made up two jokes which are too dumb to tell here, but involve the phrases "decades of duck oppression" and "Womb Raider".
          All this amusement did not translate into my working day. I got off to a great start by forgetting my Charlie Card, then had lots of fun trying to use my ticket. (Every time I went to an entrance, two people would decided that they simply had to exit at that point. I walked back and forth for at least two minutes before I got a vacant turnstile.) The T was even more crowded than usual, and when I got to the State stop, I was stuck first behind old people with suitcases, and then behind asshats standing in the "walk" section on the escalator. The day was a grind, with a huge copy job going smoothly at first and then turning into a 200+ page scan 'n flip 'n merge confusion bonanza.
          Quote of the day:
"Wow, she is severely unpleasant." - Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment