My shuffle was on point today; Immortal Technique's "Dance With the Devil" was of an almost perfect length for the Orange Line ride to State, and I walked over to the office to "Mark of the Beast". Nothing interesting happened at work, but the evening was something of a mixed bag. First, I grew suspicious of the strange odor in the dishwasher, which turned out to be a plastic tupperware lid melted to a pipe. I could only remove parts of it, which means the machine is out of commission for now. I felt better after Comcast finally delivered our router -- yay for connectivity! This feeling was slightly soured by the discovery that two recently opened gallons of milk had gone bad; unfortunately, I was the one to figure this out firsthand. I expect that the fridge was left open one day; its sealing mechanism is not terrific. Then, Alaric and I went out to Columbus to pick up an abandoned couch (among some other belongings, so someone is moving, not just tossing it because it's skeevy) and were not disappointed. It only has a single hole under the seat and a slightly wonky spring in one of the cushions; struggle as we might, Alaric and I could not find anything fundamentally wrong with it, which is nerve wracking. Other objects I seized from the pile the couch was next to: a snowboarding magazine and a framed orthopedic x-ray. The latter, upon removal from its frame, was found to be concealing a "revised map of New England" rendered in puzzle piece-like cardboard cutouts and lacking Massachusetts. Tonight has been a string of mysteries.
Quotes of the day:
"We can sit back, but I hate sitting back. I'm not a pacifist." - Jeremy
"I captured you with my Asian wiles." - Iris
No comments:
Post a Comment