Another day, another volleyball game, this time against Hahvahd. After a sloppy loss in the first set, the girls rebounded and took three in a row for the victory. About everyone in or around the trumpet section has chosen a "volleyball girlfriend" to root for; mine is the colossally tall, white headband-wearing #9. Post-game, a few of us hung out at the spot and hit up Wolly World before opening the festivities. On the way over, I found a Philadelphia Blunt cigar, still in its sealed wrapper -- a solid find. At Wollaston's, some dude buying a
case of Evian water cut Peter in line; it was a small act that took only seconds, but it seemed to scream "entitled rich kid" for the longest time. At home, Katie, Jared, Peter and I played a rousing game of Kings, while Sean and Iris spectated. Very early in the game, Peter was put at a tremendous disadvantage via the arrangement of the four dates. Katie dated Jared, Jared dated me, I dated Peter, and Jared used his final date on Peter as well. This means that under
normal circumstances, there was no eventuality in which he did not drink. Compounding this was the fact that he was the Question Master three out of four times, so accidentally answering his questions always backfired. I received
all four kings during the game, and my final rule, deployed with three cards left to draw, multiplied required drinks by three. This led to a grand finale of a dozen drinks for Peter and much mirth for everyone else. We then smoked and put on
Kick-Ass, which I conclude is 100% better the second time around. It's a movie wherein everything seems to come out of left field, and knowing what you're in for ahead of time makes it easier to appreciate the film and less important trying to stay on your toes.
Quotes of the day:
"That would suck mega dick." - Jared
"I hate being the bottom of the food chain!" - Peter
"I have to drink
twelve times?!" - Peter
 |
| Maybe my favorite movie scene of the week. |
 |
| Or maybe this one. |
 |
| Then again... |
No comments:
Post a Comment