Thursday, September 26, 2013

Barack "Drone Daddy" Obama

          My day was a series of mildly interesting events. One of Mark's clients, a cantankerous Italian guy who never stops to breathe, provided much entertainment after stopping in to discuss his son's MVA (motor vehicle accident) case. I had an incredible chicken pesto sandwich on white focaccia bread from Viga. Scanning old files, I found a note from Jeremy referring to an opposing lawyer as a "pompous, self-righteous m.f." I also discovered a contact person with an 8-letter surname of which 2 letters are vowels (Szymczak -- damn it feels good to be Polish.) Since we're in the middle of a contentious closing on a property, I stayed until 4 to ensure that calls weren't missed; we're simultaneously dealing with three lawyers, a broker, a banker, and our client in this case. I was quite productive today, and felt pretty good at closing time. On the way home, I watched a fifties-ish couple holding hands and kissing, which was adorable. At home, our shower mat left a sliver of glass (?) in my foot, which was decidedly not adorable and which I was mercifully able to remove. I spent some time hanging out with Sean, Alaric and Katie and playing vidojames later on.
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm relentless. I'm like a pitbull, I keep comin' after you. I'll never stop." - Mr. R
"What, ya think I'm stupid?" - Mr. R
"You're a wimpy boy! Eat more!" - Iris
"Are the sides of your ass sore?" - Alaric
...
Attorney: "I'm the closing attorney for a property one of [Jeremy's] clients is buying."
Me: "Right, you're working on the [redacted] closing."
Attorney: "Yeah, which is turning into a complete clusterfuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment