Sunday, September 15, 2013

Supermoves

          Somehow, I dragged myself out of bed in the morning for a pep band rehearsal. Today, we practiced in the ballroom in Curry, which is a vast improvement over the long, low room we typically use in Cabot. Unfortunately, we can't get used to it because lolreservations2monthsinadvance, but the ballroom's airiness and light were good for today. Afterward, Peter, Haley and Alaric came over to share the hair of the dog that bit us; during this time, Peter and I discovered that we share favorite candies and ice cream flavors (dem Milk Duds and based Cookie Dough, respectively.) I took an afternoon nap and then started to watch an anime called Armitage III; this was cut short by a visit from Lauren and Sabrina, since the latter returns to New York tomorrow. After a nice conversation and our goodbyes were dispensed with, they took off and I finished the movie by myself. In simple terms, I would describe it as a cross between I, Robot and Blade Runner. It was super: super-weird action sequences, a creepy super-anime mismatch between the rendering styles of the main characters, a super-sinister villain, a super-annoying secondary character, a super-confusing plot, and a super-non-conclusion. Which is not to say it was bad; on the contrary, it was an experience. Though I can safely say that I dislike the mega-distorted chibi style that seems popular for female characters, I'll have to sample more anime before I can reach a conclusion on the genre as a whole.
          Quote of the day:
"If you saw it written, you'd throw up." - JL

No comments:

Post a Comment