I had several attractive options for activities today and exercised none of them. I would have liked to attend the Freedom Rally/Hempfest, but that would have required getting out of bed in the morning; Mixfest also looked like fun this year with the Backstreet Boys and Of Monsters and Men lined up, but I had to stick around the apartment and make sure everything was shipshape.
So, the party. We had an inordinate amount of food and snacks, not to mention a goodly amount of booze, and the apartment was ready to rumble when folks started showing up. Maybe thirty people were in attendance, and several of us withdrew into my room for an extended meeting of the joint chiefs of staff. Becky and Sabs both smoked for the first time, with the former partaking after an extended debate involving everyone in the room and her excessive refrain of, "Am I gonna throw up?" Sabrina fell asleep, and Becky was zonked out of her mind and had to go lay down in the quarantine room, where the casualties only numbered two for the evening. Matters got a little tense when five patrol cars showed up to clear out a party next door and we had to shush everyone. Peter's roommate Ryan L was invaluable during this time, acting as lookout and resident sober person, and eventually the situation cleared up. Other highlights: Giving infrequent drinker Cristina a heavy drink, with entertaining results; Kevin crashing the party with Zach and Tori (2/3 of a highlight); Peter and Harrison using their shushing powers for evil; two random guys, the affiliation of whom we still haven't figured out, appearing and then vanishing; Alaric taking the yoloest hit of the year; reaping good karma by volunteering to clean up vomit, then finding the mess already taken care of; discovering that Sabrina and I have both been on a Dirty Dancing kick; and not getting busted despite the presence of five to ten policemen within fifty feet of the apartment. I deem the party a success, though the bit with the law enforcement had the sobering effect of a bucket of ice water.
Quotes of the day:
"Check your bloodflow privilege." - me
"Your mom is not gonna find out that you smoked weed!" - Ryan L
No comments:
Post a Comment