In the late morning, Sean, Katie, Iris and I walked over to the Boston Public Garden, which I only today learned is distinct from the Common. We set up a blanket and picnicked under the trees, chowing on delicious sandwiches and trying to get extremely close to squirrels. Later, we took turns reading poetry aloud from a book and handing Katie's camera around. I deflected someone who tried to proselytize us ("Are you Christian?" "No.") but was less successful with another guy who was acting confused and strung out ("Can I sit down?" "...No?"); he proceeded to sit at our blanket and we bolted about two minutes later. We then went to the Common and took a million more pictures, mainly of us doing stupid things and embarrassing ourselves in front of adults. After we walked home, I moved the new couch into the living room -- there's just no convenient way to position it in my room -- and got some more cleaning and decorating done.
Quote of the day:
"You're a credit to society, Andy." - Sean
No comments:
Post a Comment