After an all nighter, my day at work began with an excruciatingly slow grind of random tasks, pushed along by a large coffee. I made another trip to the office of the Bar Counsel on High Street which took about half as long to get to as the first time, since I didn't get horribly lost this time. By lunchtime I was pretty worn out, and in the afternoon I helped Jeremy figure out how to place a conference call. Iris helped to keep me awake for a while in the afternoon, though I eventually did nap. After I woke, we traveled into Cambridge to eat at Zinneken's, a charming, aromatic little waffle place. We elected to share the Gourmand, a Liege waffle with banana slices, whipped cream and caramel, and it was even better than it sounds. I definitely recommend this place for dessert if you're ever in Cambridge at night. Aside: I'm starting to love Cambridge. It's kind of weird how quiet it is at night, but also peaceful, and it's so quaint to boot. Perhaps one day I'll move there.
Quotes of the day:
"Who threw away the bubble wrap and didn't pop the bubbles?" - Adam
"One Pie to fill them all..." - Alaric
No comments:
Post a Comment