Monday, May 19, 2014

And Every Secret Code

          I was super sleepy in PPA today, not uncommon given the ungodly hour and lecture-heavy nature of the class. The respective fanbases of the Rangers and Habs are being consumed by an argument over whether Kreider crashed into Price on purpose (the footage shows that he didn't, but hey...) For some reason, Montreal coach Michel Therrien declined to play backup goalie Peter Budaj (who ended the Bruins' 12-win streak) in favor of the astonishingly talented Dustin Tokarski, a third stringer who is practically still in diapers; the game was a bitter 3-1 win for the Rangers. Iris went to the gym for the first time and was accompanied by me, Alaric and Sean. She and I then watched Zodiac, which is a frustratingly inconclusive but extremely well-crafted and creepy murder mystery. Highlights of the movie: Any time Robert Downey Jr. is on screen; the diner scene; the basement scene. I went out for a run later but was stricken with the knee pain that plagued me during track.
          Quotes of the day:
"It's not a bad place to spend a post-gubernatorial 4 or 5 months." - Prof. Dukakis
"Never create a 500-person task force, folks." - Prof. Dukakis
...
Sean: "...If I had my druthers."
Me: "Sean is Atticus Finch."
Alaric: "Sean has druthers."

No comments:

Post a Comment