Monday, May 26, 2014

Iggy Azalea

          Today, I helped Iris move into her new summer lodgings at an MIT frat. Cristina, who she's sharing the room with, drove us over with all the stuff; Alaric and I hoofed much of it up three flights of stairs. Observations about the frat: Iris and Cristina's room is incredible; it's long and tall with three lofted beds (Eve will soon occupy the other one) and feels very collegiate. Their view is of the picturesque Beacon Street, and they have a fire escape perfectly suited for cigars. The frat itself is full of random stuph scattered all over the place, much of it begging for an backstory. The kitchen has that slightly musty "industrial kitchen" smell that was so familiar when I worked at camp. There's even parking in the back, which happens to face the Esplanade. Can you say fancy?
          Alaric and I walked home and then over to Giovanni's, where the man himself was grilling up burgers and hot dogs in an alley behind the store. He does this for free as a thank-you to his customers each year, and there was a relaxed, fun atmosphere with a few old-timers sitting around and chatting. The Kings demolished the Blackhawks 5-2 for a 3-1 series lead, and all was right with the world. I am hopefully improving from my recent sickness, but chose to do an all-nighter anyway.
          Quote of the day:
"Your computer has tan lines." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment