Thursday, May 22, 2014

Down In the Valley

Errata: I'm not sure how I fooled myself twice with my own notes, but the Habs did not finish the Bruins in their last game; the series was only 1-1. Since it was full of commentary, I'm not going to bother editing the previous, incorrect entry, and will point to it when the proper entry comes up.

          Once again, Religion & Politics was host to a titanic clash of wits, this time between "free exercise" enthusiasts and "no establishment" warriors. Everyone wants balance but also agrees that to some extent, one must necessarily be subordinated to the other. You can probably guess which side I'm on. After class, I ran hard on the track at Marino and used a Stairmaster for the first time. The Habs defeated the Bruins 3-2 in OT to put them up 2-1 in the series. Later, Sean, Alaric, Iris and I watched The Cabin In the Woods with an accompanying drinking game, one of our best to date. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this movie.
          Quotes of the day:
"Don't take the morning after pill, Sam. It won't work for you. I'll explain after." - Prof. Miles
"My Jewish neighbors celebrate Christmas. Every year they have a Christmas tree that's better than mine." - girl in R&P
"So, you don't draw a line between the anti-angel faction and the pro-Christ faction?" - Prof. Miles
...
Prof. Miles: "What does 'SOL' mean?"
The class: "'Shit outta luck.'"
Prof. Miles: "I walked right into that one."

No comments:

Post a Comment