Thursday, May 29, 2014
And Justice For All
The Religion & Politics midterm was easier than expected. Prof. Miles practically went through the potential answers to the essay question for the first hour of class, and by the end of the exam, I was more confident in my essay's quality than in my multiple-choice accuracy. Nevertheless, everything seemed to go reasonably well. I went to the Prison Book Program not long after, and spent most of my time there spiffing up the shelved and getting stuff in order. Once I got home, Iris and I watched 3:10 To Yuma, a gritty and unsettling western. Our protagonist is the chameleonic Christian Bale as a markedly low-key rancher; the antagonist (at least theoretically) is Russell Crowe as a quiet, reflective, and blackhearted quick-draw. The movie is swift, tense, and violent, but does not lack for introspection. As for secondary characters, Henry Fonda is great as an ancient Pinkerton, Ben Foster plays the menacing right hand to Crowe's outlaw boss, and Alan Tudyk is a breath of fresh air as Doc Potter. Also, a Luke Wilson cameo! This movie is worth it if you like: gunfights; despair; Christian Bale; westerns; or Russell Crow-grade hamminess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment