Saturday, May 10, 2014

X-Men: Thirst Class

          Alaric, Iris and I shared pizza and played Super Smash Bros. before settling on a movie to drink to. We chose X-Men: First Class, which I'd heard was the best of the series so far. In the same vein as recent movies, we designed a ten-item drinking game with conditions culled from Internet wisdom. Examples: every time Professor X touches his temple; any instance of trolling by Erik/Magneto; any time you hear the word "mutant" or "mutation". I may start uploading these lists if we keep cooking them up. Returning to the story, we mixed up a fruity and delectable drink in Iris's mini Hello Kitty bowl and shared it through straws. The drink has since been dubbed the Hello Shitty on the merits. First Class was not the amazing film I was hoping for -- it is at this point that I reveal my former X-Men fanhood -- but it was great to drink to. The various Nazi revenge sequences were easily my favorite part, but then, Magneto is one of the few quality X-Men characters. Also, parallels with my affection for Captain America are noted. The Professor X paralysis scene was executed relatively well for such a goofy movie. I take back the part about the Nazi scenes being the best; that distinction truly goes to the freaky Azazel's terrorism of the CIA compound. (Drink every time someone says "CIA"...) Villain evaluation: Kevin Bacon's nose was distracting at times. January Jones stared blankly into the camera -- that was actually another one of the drinking conditions. Azazel wore a sailor's hat and the third-string tornado villain guy had no dialogue at all. Jennifer Lawrence pouted a lot as Mystique, stuff happened, some other stuff happened. Something about moving a coin...
          Once the lot of us were sufficiently turnt, we headed to Hayley's place for David's 20th birthday party. In typical Dave fashion, the party was full of super cool people none of us had met before, and just chatting with everyone was fun. There was music and dancing, some quantity of liquor, walls were grabbed, and so on. Sean walked a reeling Nathan home; Alaric and I went for a detour with a cigar and German chocolate, and eventually ended up just sitting in a random neighborhood and taking in the surroundings.
          Quotes of the day:
"Time to get Helloooooooo Shitty!" - Alaric
"It tastes fancy." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment