Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

          Today was a serious slump for me. I missed PPA because I stupidly forgot to turn on my alarm. I somehow also forgot two assignments for today's R&P class: a position paper (lost cause), and my selection of a priest for my interview project (hopefully I can stall on this one.) Almost immediately after class, I left for the Prison Book Program. I was very tired but reasoned that skipping it would feel even more irresponsible. It was daylight when I reached Quincy, something I never experienced after the first Saturday I spent there. I bumped into another old guy who commented positively on my Rangers hat; this never gets old. I don't even mind when people mess with me for it, because it's pleasant to meet a kindred soul -- even if they root for a turd of a team. PBP was a mediocre time; I made forced small talk with a young woman from Boston Cares and the middle-aged volunteer who was in charge for the night threw shade on me for being a Northeastern student. ("I guess you guys have an okay hockey program...") The best parts of the day were yet to come: what my notes refer to as "fucking super AC" on the train back to Mass Ave, and a nap on the couch.
          Quotes of the day:
"Hey, remember that election that Al Gore maybe won?" - Prof. Miles
"They're hiding so much that you can't see them when I'm writing them on the board." - Prof. Miles, re: Boko Haram/dead markers

No comments:

Post a Comment