Saturday, May 24, 2014

Russian Machine Never Breaks

          Today, I went deep into BU territory with Julia and Regina to hunt through Goodwill's wares. After much deliberation, I was left with a grossly oversized (Ovi-sized?) Capitals t-shirt with OVECHKIN emblazoned on the back, a comfy green sweater, and four DVDs, including The Animatrix and the Jonestown Massacre documentary. I studied but ultimately abandoned some ties, several other DVDs, and a horribly misprinted Red Wings jersey-material shirt -- the logo was upside down! Also, Julia was followed around the store at length by a case of bad parenting. Once satisfied, the three of us went down the street to eat at BurgerFi, an eco-conscious, semi-pretentious burger joint that was surprisingly 1. affordable and 2. tasty. I enjoyed a vanilla "custard" -- also referred to as a thick milkshake -- and we all got samples of some new sundae-type dessert.
          Once I got home, Alaric and I went to Marino for a round of boxing or some kind of practice thereof, but it had closed early. Instead, we went to Centennial to throw a frisbee around with Sean, Jared, Julia, Regina, Jennifer, and Chris F. We mastered the under-leg throw, took pictures with Julia's camera and just goofed around. When it began to pour, we elected to deposit our stuff in West F before returning to play in the rain, eventually casting off our shoes and running through the grass. We also played a few contentious rounds of Ninja. Soon enough, we took shots and played Purple at Julia's, then picked up shop and moved to our apartment. This walk was lots of fun because we had to sneak a belligerently loud Chris F past a huddle of at least fifteen cops by Columbus Place. We partied for a while, dancing and drinking, but eventually I found myself in a strange mood and bailed. I went out to the bleachers by the baseball field, laid down near the top, and philosophized for nearly an hour before returning.
          Quotes of the day:
"Have you heard the sound that cats make when they're penetrated?" - Julia
"I'm an expert at laying pipe. Especially on college campuses." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment