Tuesday, May 13, 2014

DISCO DAN IS DEAD; or, BYE BYE BYLSMA

          Today, I was reflecting on my conversation with Alaric regarding the societal importance of sports. They're a relatively secure outlet for aggression, they provide a sense of community, and they just give people something else to think about. Iris and I cooked calamari and spaghetti before going to Nathan's for game 7 of the NYR/PIT series. After a record nine games in fifteen days, after getting beat up and down the block, the Rangers pulled through to stun the Penguins in a 2-1, biting-my-nails-so-hard-my-knuckles-were-halfway-down-my-throat winning effort. "We light it up with our hands up/This is how we roll/This is how we do..."
          Quotes of the day:
"If you truly believe in the death penalty, then you should take upon yourself that entire responsibility." - Prof. Miles
"This is not the ayatollah of Iran. This is Jerry Falwell, Southern Baptist." - Prof. Miles
Discussing a (broken) projector...
Guy in class: "That is old school."
Prof. Miles: "I wanted to show off that I knew how to use it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment