I woke up slowly and warmly to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, an event that rates highly among agreeable things that have happened to me this week. PPA was uncomfortable due to the presence of a TV crew, who are apparently making a special on former presidential candidates. Students who answered questions were filmed; one guy basically walked around Prof. Dukakis in a circle for an hour, filming away. Every time I passed within the camera's field of view, I'd do my best to look engaged and interested, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Also, it turns out that a guy who sits in front of me is also a Rangers fan; we briefly discussed last night's garbage game (7-4 Habs win over the Rangers, crap goals on both sides, NYR lead the series 3-2.)
The day got even weirder after this. I watched this video (real life, disturbing, you are warned) and was thoroughly skeeved out, partly because this is basically the moronic Red Pill philosophy taken one step further. (Click if you are willing to sacrifice a presently happy state of mind for knowledge.) At the same time, I was acutely aware of my high school 4chan heritage because the thing that got under my skin the most was Rodgers' horridly fake, "sinister" laugh. Alaric and I tried to go and box, but there was a class in the studio. I put off work as usual and studied late into the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment