I slept late and missed PPA, because instructions to miss at least one class in the first week of each semester are apparently hardwired into my brain. Religion & Politics (hereafter referred to as R&P) was as excellent as last time. When classes were over, I met Sean for a quiet evening at PBP. Brian has issued me a cold water challenge, in which one has to jump into a cold body of water or donate $100 to charity, and I intended to do it tonight but fell asleep instead.
Quotes of the day:
"We're gonna have to meet again in 10 years, I forgot to put that in the syllabus." - Prof. Miles
"Who was the Moses saying to the evil pharaoh of England, 'Let my people go!'?" - Prof. Miles
"Don't drive drunk. Unless your father is in the CIA. If you remember one thing from Religion & Politics, remember that." - Prof. Miles
"It comes down to sex. Everything comes down to sex." - Prof. Miles, re: original sin
"When you look at it through the green-colored lenses..." - Sean, re: conspiracy theories
"All I'm saying is if Andy wants to do something stupid, I'm gonna go along to make sure he executes it properly." - Sean
...
Sean: "They're gonna empower it."
Me: "They're gonna build an archway to diversity."
No comments:
Post a Comment