Thursday, April 16, 2015

50 Saves of Clay

          A fortuitous call from Laura woke me in time to make it to USFP, which just filled me with joy. I fell asleep in the office in between classes and slept through the others. This week, I've missed more classes than I've managed to attend (though LatAm is almost useless, academically.) In the evening, I got spiffed up for my second hockey banquet. It seems like they were more prepared for the band members this time. Before the ceremony, there was a reception in the alumni clubhouse or whatever it's called, and I enjoyed an uncommonly strong cranberry vodka for just a few bucks. (As did Sabrina and anyone else who could get their hands on one.) When we headed down to the arena floor, I was seated with Ryan L, Sabrina, Peter, and a couple of rookie players on the team who said they were rooting for the Red Wings. As with last year, the banquet was long, mostly boring but punctuated with moments of hilarity, and superbly catered.
          Throughout the evening, I was obsessively checking the scores. Once the event was through, I picked up what swag I could find -- the centerpiece from our table, a few programs, NU b-ball posters, and a sweet book of season tickets from this past semester. I brought Emily the flowers before rushing home to finish the first Rangers game with Sabrina, Peter, and Alaric, eventually joined by Emily as well. And now we're up 1-0!
          Quote of the day:
"Becky looks like a proud mother right now." - Ryan L
"...and the 50 saves of Clay..." - the hockey dude who presents a poem every year

Playoff section:
East
MTL v. OTT: 1 - 0
TBL v. DET: 0 - 1         3-2 Red Wings with Mrazek looking sharp, despite a SHG by Boyle(...)
NYR v. PIT: 1 - 0          Brassard goal out of the gates, McDonagh makes it 2-0, and we carry it 2-1!
WSH v. NYI: 0 - 1
West
STL v. MIN: 0 - 1          That went better than expected. 4-2 Wild.
NSH v. CHI: 0 - 1
ANA v. WPG: 1 - 0        3 straight Ducks goals to ruin the Jets' day. 4-2 Anaheim.
VAN v. CGY: 0 - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment