Thursday, April 9, 2015

FLAME ON!

          I skipped USFP, then went to the RISE research expo to see my IPE professor's research and for class credit. I also checked out Laura's research (I can say with some confidence that she does science) and played a decent beta game with a designer unnecessarily telling me what I was seeing the whole time. Then, an unusual stop at Rebecca's, and finally deciding to accept the offer with the healthcare consulting firm. It's called Feinstein Kean Healthcare, the offices are very close to the Cambridge end of the Longfellow Bridge, and it sounds like a very interesting gig. I'm also psyched to work in Cambridge because it will give me a new reason to explore the nightlife across the river.
          Hockey section: For any readers who hate this, I promise these will become a little more scarce soon. They'll pick up again in the first couple rounds of playoffs and then taper off in June. Three days are left in the regular season. Today, we learned that even though jet fuel can't melt steel beams, normal Flames can melt the Kings' chances to enter the playoffs! Mark this as the last time I have to hear about "the reigning Stanley Cup champions" every time they come up! This means Calgary plays too, with Boston boy Gaudreau in there. I couldn't be more pleased. The Rangers lost 0-3 to the Senators, which I'm fine with because I want them to make the playoffs like every other underdog fan, and finally the Bruins lost to the Panthers, meaning their fate is partly out of their hands.
          Quotes of the day:
"You're all getting a little nervous in your seats, talking about Marx..." - Prof. Tolley
"There's always a good reason, and you don't have to be a very bright boy here to come up with one!" - Prof. Tolley, re: Lochner v. NY

No comments:

Post a Comment