Saturday, April 4, 2015

Winning Attitude

          I woke from time to time, and at some point realized that it was raining. The drumming on my box lulled me back to sleep the first time. Next I remember, it was about 5 a.m. and I'd stretched out a little in my sleep, just enough to poke my feet out of the box. Still in sneakers but now drenched by the ongoing rain, they felt like ice. I took off my shoes and socks, curled back up in the box and prayed for a couple more hours of sleep. In the end, it was a blessing that I couldn't drowse off; about an hour later, there was a crack of thunder and the event organizers roused the sleepers. I was lucky to be wakeful enough to get my stuff together in a hurry. As I was breaking my box down, the storm swept over in a wash of pelting rain and rolling thunder. We all took cover in Shillman and were provided with bagels and water. I warmed up and waited out the worst of it, which for me highlighted the entire point of the exercise.
          The couch was calling to me when I got home, and I took probably the most comfortable nap of my life. House of Cards and The Sopranos took up most of the rest of the day. In the evening, I took shots of various untested liquors with Alaric, then took off for Jules's place to drink and smoke with her, Maddie, and Halley. A full moon portended mischief as I crossed the Fens, and soon enough we were indeed drinking and smoking. A necessarily late Food Wall order of dumplings completed the chain. I walked back to Northeastern with the freshmen around 3 or 4 a.m., thoroughly prepared to get indoors and sleep.
          Hockey section: With Lundqvist on lock in net, the Rangers killed off four power plays and rolled the Devils, 6-1. Stepan scored a shorthanded goal with three seconds left in the second period, Dom Moore (who is the fucking man) scored twice, and the Devils only narrowly avoided a shutout with a goal at 16:30 in the third. Fifty wins!
          Quote of the day:
"Malibu is not my pal-ibu." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment