Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Birds In the Engines

          My finals rush this year feels different, like it's got a dark cloud around it. I just sat and stared for hours, reading, cleaning my keyboard, looking out a window on the fourth floor of Snell, and I couldn't work. Somewhere around 3 or 4 a.m. by brain decided it had tortured me enough. A switch flipped and I was on. I tore through 8 pages of what should have been 10, hit the wall, said "fuck it" and submitted. Not to mention, "I don't think I'm making it to class today." On to Curry, where I wiped out a plate of sushi, a Red Bull, and some pop-tarts -- the bar for extreme finals food has been set. Then, I managed to get through four out of five case summaries for C.Law before conceding and going to class. This last one was fun -- I'll miss Prof. Tolley's wit.
          Quotes of the day:
"The Burger Court was an unsophisticated court." - Prof. Tolley, throwing shade re: balancing
"Yes, the "zone of twilight"...The Twilight Zone... ah, I'm too old." - Prof. Tolley

Playoff section:
          "[We have] got a team on their heels, and we have our foot right on the throat where we want it, so we've just got to finish them off, we don't want to give them any hope." - Frederik Andersen, Ducks goalie, before Game 4
East
MTL v. OTT: 3 - 1         Hottawa scrapes to avoid the sweep, 0-1.... thank goodness.
TBL v. DET: 1 - 2
NYR v. PIT: 3 - 1          Oh check it out, another 2-1 victory and we can clinch it at home on Friday.
WSH v. NYI: 2 - 2
West
STL v. MIN: 2 - 2          The Blues offense just exploded, 6-1. This is what I've been fearing.
NSH v. CHI: 1 - 3
ANA v. WPG: 4 - 0          SWAT. The Ducks sweep Winnipeg, who were just not ready. 5-2 sendoff.
VAN v. CGY: 1 - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment