Sunday, April 26, 2015

Big Man In Town

          I walked back to Fenway with Julia, stopping at Goodwill along the way. I exercised restraint and avoided purchasing anything while she inquired about an electric keyboard. At home, we went through a lengthy process to choose a movie to watch and settled on Big, which I fell in love with. It's a rare comedy that appeals to my taste, but Big is sweet, funny and a little nostalgic. Jacob's Ladder was next, in a dramatic change of tone. We listened to music and chatted for a while before Julia took off; later, Emily, Kofi, and Iris joined me and Nathan for Game of Thrones. Iris brought celebratory fried calamari and cookies for the Wild's round 1 victory, too!
          Quote of the day:
"I like reading about horrible theme park rides." - Julia

Playoff section:
East
MTL v. OTT: 4 - 2        A 2-"0" loss for the Sens, and the Habs win the series. You could tell the ref
                                        immediately knew he blew that disallowed goal by the look on his face...
TBL v. DET: 2 - 3
NYR v. PIT: 4 - 1
WSH v. NYI: 3 - 3
West
STL v. MIN: 2 - 4          Parise and Dubnyk coming up big = another early exit for the Blues. 4-1 baby.
NSH v. CHI: 2 - 4 
ANA v. WPG: 4 - 0
VAN v. CGY: 2 - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment