Today, I drank coffee and learned what a "Chinese wall" is in corporate jargon. I made a reservation for a restaurant called Toscano and was reminded of American Psycho's Dorsia in the process. Jennifer was waiting when I got out, and we took the Red Line to Harvard Square. At Toscano, we shared some wonderful smoked salmon; I opted for the rigatoni Toscano, while she chose the mushroom risotto, and both were great. A television piping in news about Donald Trump and Syria prompted us to talk about the migrants, as well as religion and politics abstractly as topics for conversation. Our waiter remarked on my button, saying that he was feeling the Bern as well.
Some excellent violinists were performing in Downtown Crossing on our way home. We got back to the apartment much quicker than I expected, where I showered, smoked and got ready for the radio show. My card didn't work at the studio (???) but we got in okay. The show was all right, though I was tired out by the end, and the walk back was a long one.
No comments:
Post a Comment