I woke up feeling like utter crap and considered calling in sick. I just dealt with it, gathered my shit up and took off running for Roxbury Crossing. Instead of transferring to the Red Line at Downtown Crossing and ultimately disembarking at Kendall, I opted to ride the train all the way to Community College -- no transfers, no moving once I get a seat -- and take the somewhat longer walk from there. It's a really simple path from the college to my workplace, but I somehow got twisted around and ended up under the highway, in desolate university overflow parking. Course corrected, I then ran like a madman to the office, arriving only seven minutes late and overheated. It could've been worse.
There was free pizza for lunch (fancy that...) at the L&D meeting, where we were given an overview of CRISPR. I was bone tired for that, but the rest of the day was easy up through DOC. Instead of chilling with the coworkers, I continued to work with beer in hand, and the day tapered down nicely. I headed home via Community College for the first time, drinking Longboard out of a water bottle and savoring my avoidance of the stampede commute at Kendall. At home, I got my bed outfitted and napped for a while. Later on, I moved my desk into place and continued my work on the closet, testing out a new vertical storage system for my overload of free college shirts.
Quotes of the day:
"Two recent headlines, both very subtle... 'Editing Humans'! And 'The End of Life as We Know It...'" - Greg, re: CRISPR
"It's unbelievable and elegant in its simplicity, that you can edit DNA this way." - Greg
"'Get flat abs in 4 fun steps'? I had abs. It is not fun." - Lauren P
"Yes, I recall how quickly the right's refrain of the Bush years, 'support the president or you're a traitor,' evaporated when McCain and his pet clown lost in 08." - Peter J. via facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment