I went home, relaxed and kept working in my room, and lent some help to Dylan and Sky in their feng shui-ing of the deck. I think I forgot to mention how much furniture the prior tenants left us: a big blocky table, a cheap little end table and a black pleather couch on the deck; an Ikea desk; a kitchen table with two chairs; a purple love-chair thing, two rocking chairs, and a massive wooden table in the living room. The aforementioned cheap table was actually peeling apart, so despite usually avoiding this kind of behavior, we elected to throw it off the side of the deck. It landed upside down, flat side first, and all of the legs imploded. That was funny. Also, I should share this:
![]() |
| Sabrina's 13-day count -- I went with my Bonnaroo tags. |
Devin came to do a deal with me and Alaric, and we smoked and sat in my room for a time, becoming increasingly quiet. Then Maddie, Kofi, Michelle and Anneloes showed up, and we were in party mode. Studies show that we went through a bottle of Complicated wine, several Coronas with lime, gin/OJ/triple sec, and tequila shots, so I don't remember too much. Maddie did some artful cooking and produced a lovely omelet (fancy with the side of lime juice and rind garnish!) Michelle and Maddie did impersonations of me with my hats. We watched Machete (a hit, as always) and smoked; around us, Dylan and his friends partied out on the deck, and the people upstairs continued to be obscenely noisy. I exchanged rare brotherly drunk snapchats with Ian, which makes me feel all fuzzy inside, especially since I took screenshots and am going to post at least one on facebook... sucker.
Quote of the day:
"This is my plate for Chopped." - Maddie

No comments:
Post a Comment