Thursday, September 24, 2015

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC

          I got up later than intended, but I'd prepared all my gear for work and the Ranger @ Bruins preseason game before bed. I got these tickets for something like $20 or $25 each from Matt T's friend -- a steal! It's common for Bruins tickets to run for more than $60, even in the preseason. I had to run to get in on time, but I did get in a shave and shower, so I felt ready to go. The lady at the food counter is super nice, and today we had a conversation. She's from Nepal, she's been here three years, and we were talking about trust between her and her regular customers. She also helped me out with change in the form of a whole roll of quarters, which I need desperately for laundry and have few means to acquire. (Be kind to everyone you meet!) All day I was basically tapping my foot in anticipation of hockey. Kati said that I have a great attitude, which caught me off guard, but I appreciate the compliment.
          I skipped DOC but hung around, read and unwound from the day with a pumpkin ale. (It continues...) All the younger people left together, and Emily C swiped me on to the Green Line at Lechmere for a change. I was relatively early in arriving at TD Garden and secured our seats in the upper bowl. I went to meet Jake C and provide him with his ticket, and Kofi and Iris were soon to be there. Both teams were in clear preseason form, with a lot of risks and slip-slidey plays; the Rangers went up 2-1 in the first off a sweet shot from Zuccarello; Kevin Hayes scored on the power play in the second period to make it 3-1, and then two Bruins scored in the third to force 3-on-3 OT, and no score there meant the shootout. Both Zuccarello and Boyle pantsed Bruins backup \Jeremy Smith for the Rangers, but our rookie goalie (Jeff Malcolm -- Jake C kept yelling, "Attaboy Jeff!") was beaten by the odious Brad Marchand after a few saves. We came close, anyway. And it's preseason where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment