Friday, September 11, 2015

That's What I Want

          I had my first "real" coffee spill at work; it happened while I was passing out due to not drinking enough coffee. The muscles in my left coffee hand went slack and it went all over my keyboard and wrist pad thing. That sucked to clean, but it was okay because today couldn't gget any worse than yesterday. At lunch, I went hunting on Amazon but was frustrated in my search for large, plain sports posters. Why don't they just sell posters of team logos or players on a simple colored field? Everything I've found for the Rangers and the Indians either has weird text, or is way too complicated with glitzy effects, or only shows part of the logo... I won the moral overtime victory with .25 hours' worth of extra pay after four days!
          I went straight from work to a full-band meeting at Cabot, where JL talked, and talked some more, and then the women's and men's basketball teams and coaches came and thanked us for our contributions, which was actually really cool. The council members were introduced as well, though Anne-Marie introduced Kofi as Malcolm and was a little bit flippant about it. We played "All Hail Northeastern" all the way through like three times, "Stacy's Mom," and "No Diggity," because I guess we need to appeal to the youngbloods. Then we did an icebreaker designed to show how a large group can click with some practice, but in effect all it did was waste a lot of time. At least we got to hold hands.
          I headed home with Nathan and transferred Red Son from my computer to his, and in the process I found a way to spill Dr. Pepper on my keyboard. That's two in a day! I turned my laptop upside down immediately to shake the liquid off, and luckily most of it didn't get in among the keys. I then left for Jennifer's on the 66, reading Hiroshima and listening to an endlessly screaming child two seats away. She got me unfairly drunk on gin and orange juice, we watched more Freaks & Geeks, and lemon oreos were consumed. I was vastly comfortable, if that makes any sense, and would be happy to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment