We tried taking Christmas card photos of myself and my brothers a couple days ago, but thanks to my father being a technosaur, the film (!) was double exposed. Some of the photos turned out suitable for art pieces, but obviously not useful for those apple-pie loving, American-values cards for the family. Hence, after yesterday's rain, we had a harrowing photo shoot today where nobody was in a good mood. My father would sit there for two minutes, entirely motionless, and then snap a shot the instant someone moved or spoke. He also tried to pose Ryan on the deck railing at one point and nearly threw him off the balcony. That is a slight exaggeration, for my father is a competent father, but the fear in my heart was real.
Around six o'clock, I went over to Logan's for a deliciously juicy steak-strip and tater tot dinner with Dr. Pepper, followed by a generous slice of scrumptious, chocolate-iced yellow cake. Once we were sufficiently engorged, Logan, Steve (his father and my Uncle Daddy), Sully (his little brother/resident terror) and myself engaged in a rousing game of HeroClix sans heroes. By the luck of the draw I ended up with the ultra kewl Gears of War team. This resulted in several THRASHBALL jokes. Logan got the Halo guys, Sully got the GoW villains, and Steve played the lamer Flood team. When I say that "Sully" had this team or the other, I really mean that Logan and I argued about which of us he was going to attack at any given time; this is due both to his frequent wanderings/distractions and to his age (four.) Consequently, Logan and I were both hideously wrecked at the end of the game despite having solid team builds, while half of Sully's was quite intact.
Quotes of the day: Us reading the stand-in titles for various game abilities. "Willpower" is by far the most egregious. "READY TO DIE" "FINISH THE FIGHT" "SLAVE TO THE GRAVEMIND"
"Guide From the Rear" was pretty funny, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment